There are unlimited choices when it comes to Ways to Honour a partner, a family member, a friend even someone you admired but never meet. It is about finding ways to celebrate lives that have left an imprint on our hearts.
Here are a few suggestions to assist your thinking:
- Let someone else have the chance they missed…pass on their dream
- Ask friends to find a favourite photo, write about why it was memorable, funny or special and send the story to their partner / family
- Sponsor something in their name
- Donate to their favourite cause annually
- Cook theirr favourite dish and celebrate the meal with friends
- Write a poem, speech or song about them
- Hold another wake / dinner and tell their favourite jokes, talk about their quirky ways and how they made you feel special
- Light a candle at home or a special place of remembrance
- Learn something from their personal strength, what you admired
- Plant flowers or a tree and enjoy watching it grow
- Be their voice for their favourite cause…sign a petition, attend the event for raising awareness
- Donate blood or become an organ donor
LifeArt would be delighted if you could email us with your ideas of honouring your loved one or your story. It would be great to add new ways to this list and be inspired by your stories.
Contact us to help share ideas with everyone Click Contact Us
LifeArt Australia whole heartedly recommends a wonderful book called "Dying to Know", written by the team from Pilotlight www.pilotlight.org.au
This a book with ideas for everyone to make a difference to themselves and the lives of others through inspirational reflections on bringing death to life. Available at all major book shops.